Re: Another Odd Question

Jonathan Prescott

(919) 884-6451

On Feb 27, 2020, at 9:43 PM, Charles Phillips <phillipstriples@...> wrote:

All -

I asked a question here last month and got a lot of good answers, so here goes again.

I have two Macs (a 2011 MacBook Pro and a 2012 Mac Mini) and recently decided that I had better update them as much as possible before it was too late. So I updated the MacBook to High Sierra (with a patcher application since the MacOS High Sierra certificate had expired) and the Mac Mini to Mojave (also used a patcher there). The Mojave update was flawless, but now XCode still runs on the Mini but no longer runs on the MacBook. Grrrr. I always used XCode mostly on the MacBook and had my GitHub repositories updated from that computer.

Being lazy, I had never figured out how to get the Mac Mini connected so that I could push and pull from my GitHub repositories.

So now I am trying to see my repositories on GitHub from the Mac Mini, no joy.

I am trying to connect the version on XCode to an existing repository but the Add an existing remote refuses to cooperate.

I see the "Remote Name" and "Location" entries and have tried to put in the names of the repositories but the XCode does not connect. Should the Location be https://github.com/CharlesPhillipsHouston  (which is what shows up in GitHub)???

And the Remote Name should be the name of the repository?

I have tried a number of variations and have looked through the help.

Suggestions??

Charles Phillips
Houston, Texas