Re: table view controlers and data populating

Taylor Arndt

Thanks, I really don't know what I'm doing it like I said and I am doing iOS app development. I will post to the other group next time, but like I said I really don't know what I'm doing and very new at this whole deal

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2017, at 1:25 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

Table views can definitely be tricky at first. But first, two things:

  • Questions about using frameworks like UIKit and AppKit are best posted on the ‘cocoa’ list. Following tradition, the ‘xcode’ list is about the Xcode IDE / compiler / tools themselves. Sorry if this sounds control-freaky, but in the past both lists have gotten busy and this helps to keep things focused.
  • When asking a Cocoa question make sure it’s clear what platform you’re asking about: from your post I can’t tell whether you’re making a Mac or iOS app, and table views work differently on each platform.

So could you repost on the cocoa list and put either UITableView or NSTableView in the subject? Thanks from your neighborhood control freak ;)