moderated Re: Want a new sub-group? Reply here

Dana Cartwright

RE: New lists

For those of us still working in Carbon, it's nice to have a place to ask questions.

But it's also very low volume, and probably a lot of us are porting legacy apps to Cocoa, so I'm torn between having a separate group, or just asking Carbon questions in the Cocaa list, as many questions will be of the form "How do I translate this Carbon feature to Cocoa".

- Dana Cartwright

On Jun 7, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining.

apple-dev is intended to be a replacement for all the @lists.apple.com lists, of which there are/were many. Creating new sub-groups on groups.io is easy, but rather than make 100 of them up front, I just created the main two that I myself use (cocoa and xcode) and will create others on demand. So please reply on this thread if there’s a list you’d like.

(They don’t have to be replacements of the old lists, either. Apple seems to have stopped creating lists years ago. So for example I could see a demand for a game development list focused on SpriteKit, SceneKit, etc.)

—Jens

Join main@apple-dev.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.