moderated Re: Want a new sub-group? Reply here

Luther Baker

I'm not sure how far down this hole you'll want to go but here's a relatively complete list of mailing lists ... and yes, I'd agree with simpler names and potentially combining some of the groups.

-Luther

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Chris Ridd <chrisridd@...> wrote:

> On 5 Jul 2017, at 20:06, James Walker <jamesw@...> wrote:
>
> On 7/5/2017 11:19 AM, Luther Baker wrote:
>> I've been on that list for a bit now and from what I can see, discussions cover a pretty wide range. It is a specialty topic and I think the audience would largely be the same for the various possible lists.
>>
>> That said, if other related lists exist on lists.apple.com, I'd be all for mirroring the same structure so as to minimize confusion. I'm just not aware of another such list.
>>
>> Also, that list doesn't get pounded so I think you'd be safe starting with coreaudio-api and waiting for someone "in the know" to ask for more granularity.
>
> Regarding mirroring the structure:  Apple has a "QuickTime-API" list, which lately has had a fair amount of discussion of AV Foundation.  Maybe just add a "video" list?

Some of Apple’s lists have odd names that are quite hard to figure out without grokking a lot of history. e.g. the apple-cdsa list.

I’d vote for list names as generic as possible. So audio, video, security, etc. Or audio-api etc if you think it’d help.

Chris

Join main@apple-dev.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.