moderated Re: Want a new sub-group? Reply here

Chris Ridd

On 5 Jul 2017, at 20:06, James Walker <jamesw@...> wrote:

On 7/5/2017 11:19 AM, Luther Baker wrote:
I've been on that list for a bit now and from what I can see, discussions cover a pretty wide range. It is a specialty topic and I think the audience would largely be the same for the various possible lists.

That said, if other related lists exist on lists.apple.com, I'd be all for mirroring the same structure so as to minimize confusion. I'm just not aware of another such list.

Also, that list doesn't get pounded so I think you'd be safe starting with coreaudio-api and waiting for someone "in the know" to ask for more granularity.
Regarding mirroring the structure: Apple has a "QuickTime-API" list, which lately has had a fair amount of discussion of AV Foundation. Maybe just add a "video" list?
Some of Apple’s lists have odd names that are quite hard to figure out without grokking a lot of history. e.g. the apple-cdsa list.

I’d vote for list names as generic as possible. So audio, video, security, etc. Or audio-api etc if you think it’d help.

Chris

Join main@apple-dev.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.