moderated Re: Want a new sub-group? Reply here

James Walker

On 7/5/2017 11:19 AM, Luther Baker wrote:
I've been on that list for a bit now and from what I can see, discussions cover a pretty wide range. It is a specialty topic and I think the audience would largely be the same for the various possible lists.

That said, if other related lists exist on lists.apple.com, I'd be all for mirroring the same structure so as to minimize confusion. I'm just not aware of another such list.

Also, that list doesn't get pounded so I think you'd be safe starting with coreaudio-api and waiting for someone "in the know" to ask for more granularity.

Regarding mirroring the structure:  Apple has a "QuickTime-API" list, which lately has had a fair amount of discussion of AV Foundation.  Maybe just add a "video" list?

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2017, at 9:49 PM, lutherbaker@... wrote:
>
> Would you mind creating something for Core Audio and Core MIDI?

Sure, that sounds like a great idea, especially as I occasionally do audio coding myself.

What about higher level APIs like AVFoundation? Do you think those should be on-topic for this list too, or should there be a separate list?

—Jens

Join main@apple-dev.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.