How to Delete AppID from Apple Developer Account


Dave
 

Hi,

I have an AppID that I want to delete from my Apple Developer account. I select it and Click Edit, Scroll down to the bottom and Click Delete, I then get this message:

The App ID ‘xxxxxxxxx.com.looktowindward.LTWTester' appears to be in use by the App Store, so it can not be removed at this time.

I don’t have this App on the App Store, so not sure what to do now, I just want rid of it! How can I delete the App.

I also have the same problem with the App inside TestFlight, but I’m hoping that it will be removed automatically if I can just delete the App ID!

Any help greatly appreciated
All the Best
Dave


David Delmonte
 

Over time, I had built up a lot of unneeded AppIds. They started to cause me problems, especially as my sight has deteriorated. I contacted the AppConnect team  and asked them to help. They made a one-time exception for me. I cant say that they would do that for others, but until this process is improved — where we can delete AppIds, Certs etc, it’s worth asking...

On Oct 4, 2018, at 12:08 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have an AppID that I want to delete from my Apple Developer account. I select it and Click Edit, Scroll down to the bottom and Click Delete, I then get this message:

The App ID ‘xxxxxxxxx.com.looktowindward.LTWTester' appears to be in use by the App Store, so it can not be removed at this time.

I don’t have this App on the App Store, so not sure what to do now, I just want rid of it! How can I delete the App.

I also have the same problem with the App inside TestFlight, but I’m hoping that it will be removed automatically if I can just delete the App ID!

Any help greatly appreciated
All the Best
Dave



Dave
 

Hi,

OMG! You’re not serious! You can’t delete it? Could someone please confirm or deny this?

If you can’t then I’m speechless! In fact I’m laughing my head off, have Apple really gotten so bad that they can’t be bothered to provide a delete button?

All the Best
Dave


On 4 Oct 2018, at 18:33, David Delmonte via Groups.Io <ddelmonte@...> wrote:

Over time, I had built up a lot of unneeded AppIds. They started to cause me problems, especially as my sight has deteriorated. I contacted the AppConnect team  and asked them to help. They made a one-time exception for me. I cant say that they would do that for others, but until this process is improved — where we can delete AppIds, Certs etc, it’s worth asking...

On Oct 4, 2018, at 12:08 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have an AppID that I want to delete from my Apple Developer account. I select it and Click Edit, Scroll down to the bottom and Click Delete, I then get this message:

The App ID ‘xxxxxxxxx.com.looktowindward.LTWTester' appears to be in use by the App Store, so it can not be removed at this time.

I don’t have this App on the App Store, so not sure what to do now, I just want rid of it! How can I delete the App.

I also have the same problem with the App inside TestFlight, but I’m hoping that it will be removed automatically if I can just delete the App ID!

Any help greatly appreciated
All the Best
Dave




Peter Teeson
 

are you perhaps logged in to the App store with this ID? 
If so would signing out and then trying to delete work?

On Oct 4, 2018, at 12:38 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi,

OMG! You’re not serious! You can’t delete it? Could someone please confirm or deny this?

If you can’t then I’m speechless! In fact I’m laughing my head off, have Apple really gotten so bad that they can’t be bothered to provide a delete button?

All the Best
Dave


On 4 Oct 2018, at 18:33, David Delmonte via Groups.Io <ddelmonte@...> wrote:

Over time, I had built up a lot of unneeded AppIds. They started to cause me problems, especially as my sight has deteriorated. I contacted the AppConnect team  and asked them to help. They made a one-time exception for me. I cant say that they would do that for others, but until this process is improved — where we can delete AppIds, Certs etc, it’s worth asking...

On Oct 4, 2018, at 12:08 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have an AppID that I want to delete from my Apple Developer account. I select it and Click Edit, Scroll down to the bottom and Click Delete, I then get this message:

The App ID ‘xxxxxxxxx.com.looktowindward.LTWTester' appears to be in use by the App Store, so it can not be removed at this time.

I don’t have this App on the App Store, so not sure what to do now, I just want rid of it! How can I delete the App.

I also have the same problem with the App inside TestFlight, but I’m hoping that it will be removed automatically if I can just delete the App ID!

Any help greatly appreciated
All the Best
Dave





Dave
 

Hi,

On 4 Oct 2018, at 18:49, Peter Teeson via Groups.Io <peter.teeson@...> wrote:

are you perhaps logged in to the App store with this ID? 
If so would signing out and then trying to delete work?

I’m not sure what you mean by logged into the App Store with this ID, this is an App ID, you use a Developer/AppStore ID to log in store?

The app is question was just a test app, it has never been on the store, it was put into Test Flight, but it was just a test and I don’t think it was ever used.

All the Best
Dave


David Delmonte
 

From October 4, Apple has this new policy:

Managing apps in App Store Connect.

It's now easier to manage apps you no longer need in App Store Connect by removing them from your main view in My Apps, even if they haven't been submitted for approval. You must have the Legal or Admin role to remove apps. 

  1. From the homepage, click My Apps, then choose the app you want to remove.
  2. Scroll to the Additional Information section, then click Remove App.
  3. In the dialog that appears, click Remove.

You can restore a removed app at any time, as long as the app name is not currently in use by another developer.

  1. From the homepage, click My Apps.
  2. In the upper right-hand corner, click the arrow next to All Statuses.
  3. From the drop-down menu, choose Removed Apps.
  4. Choose the app you want to restore.
  5. Scroll to the Additional Information section, then click Restore App.
Hope this helps!

On Oct 4, 2018, at 12:56 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi,

On 4 Oct 2018, at 18:49, Peter Teeson via Groups.Io <peter.teeson@...> wrote:

are you perhaps logged in to the App store with this ID? 
If so would signing out and then trying to delete work?

I’m not sure what you mean by logged into the App Store with this ID, this is an App ID, you use a Developer/AppStore ID to log in store?

The app is question was just a test app, it has never been on the store, it was put into Test Flight, but it was just a test and I don’t think it was ever used.

All the Best
Dave


Dave
 

Thanks a lot for this, I’m sure I couldn’t see a “remove” option before, maybe its only just been updated.

All the Best
Dave

On 9 Oct 2018, at 21:18, David Delmonte via Groups.Io <ddelmonte@...> wrote:

From October 4, Apple has this new policy:

Managing apps in App Store Connect.

It's now easier to manage apps you no longer need in App Store Connect by removing them from your main view in My Apps, even if they haven't been submitted for approval. You must have the Legal or Admin role to remove apps. 

  1. From the homepage, click My Apps, then choose the app you want to remove.
  2. Scroll to the Additional Information section, then click Remove App.
  3. In the dialog that appears, click Remove.

You can restore a removed app at any time, as long as the app name is not currently in use by another developer.

  1. From the homepage, click My Apps.
  2. In the upper right-hand corner, click the arrow next to All Statuses.
  3. From the drop-down menu, choose Removed Apps.
  4. Choose the app you want to restore.
  5. Scroll to the Additional Information section, then click Restore App.
Hope this helps!
On Oct 4, 2018, at 12:56 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi,

On 4 Oct 2018, at 18:49, Peter Teeson via Groups.Io <peter.teeson@...> wrote:

are you perhaps logged in to the App store with this ID? 
If so would signing out and then trying to delete work?

I’m not sure what you mean by logged into the App Store with this ID, this is an App ID, you use a Developer/AppStore ID to log in store?

The app is question was just a test app, it has never been on the store, it was put into Test Flight, but it was just a test and I don’t think it was ever used.

All the Best
Dave