Re: How to get Extended File Info

Keary Suska

Rumor (i.e. Stack Overflow) has it that AVFoundation will only work with AAC, but I have not confirmed that myself.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

On Jun 9, 2019, at 12:38 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

AVFoundation has a higher-level OOP API for this. Look for methods for accessing metadata, and constants defining the various metadata types like Title, Artist, etc.

—Jens

On Jun 6, 2019, at 3:36 AM, Keary Suska <cocoa-dev@...> wrote:

AudioToolbox, especially Audio File Services (don’t have links but should be able to search docs easily), appear to have this capability.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

On Jun 6, 2019, at 5:19 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi,

Looking at the Finder “Get Info” window, for instance for an mp3 file, it displays under the “More Info” tab, the Title, Authors, etc.

How can I get this information programatically?

Thanks a lot