Re: Creating objects via AppleScript and setting readonly properties

Shane Stanley

On 11 May 2019, at 1:52 pm, Steve Mills via Groups.Io <sjmills@...> wrote:

On May 10, 2019, at 18:31:43, Shane Stanley <sstanley@...> wrote:

On 11 May 2019, at 2:08 am, Steve Mills via Groups.Io <sjmills@...> wrote:

Is there any way to #include headers in an .sdef file so constants or #defines can be used and stringified?
It's just an XML file that gets added straight to the bundle, so I don't see how that would work.
Well, one could say the Info.plist is just a an xml file that gets added to the bundle, but it can be preprocessed. I use that feature a lot, like so the version number only has to be defined in one .h file and then can be used in the plist and other places. With there being so many AE constants, it would only make sense to allow sdef preprocessing to help prevent typos and mistakes.
If you're logging a feature request, I'd be delighted to back it. But when you said "is", I presumed you meant present tense.

--
Shane Stanley <sstanley@...>
<www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>, <latenightsw.com>