Re: Adding scripting support for custom records

Shane Stanley

On 7 May 2019, at 1:42 pm, Steve Mills via Groups.Io <sjmills=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

What's the best way to return data from a scriptable app when the property is a record-type that's declared in the sdef? It corresponds to an Objective-C class. I ended up adding a separate property to the owner class that returns the data in an NSDictionary and using that property in the sdef instead of the real property, which is the normal Objective-C class.
if I follow you correctly, that sounds about right. Cocoa scripting doesn't like simple records -- it wants custom record types.

--
Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>
<www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>, <latenightsw.com>