Strange Memory Patterns

Sandor Szatmari

We have an app that handles incoming server connections. For each connection it opens a window that shows the activity of the connection. When the client is done the window closes. When the activity happens while the app is in the background the application does not release memory and appears to leak. However, when I bring the app to the foreground the backlog of memory is released. It looks like auto release pools that aren’t popped until the app is foregrounded. I can track that down, but I thought I’d ask if anyone could identify this as a known issue before going down that path.

MacOS Sierra
Xcode 8.1
Build SDK 10.9
Deployment Target 10.6