Re: validateUserInterfaceItem not called

Alex Zavatone

My guess is that it remembers what the first responder was before, so resigning a first responder would return the responder to the previous one, like popping a value from the the stack. I guess it’s time for me to read up on the responder chain to see how it really tracks this.

On Apr 21, 2019, at 7:21 PM, John Brownie <john_brownie@...> wrote:

Alex Zavatone via Groups.Io wrote on 21/4/19 12:16:
Sorry if this is too late, but isn’t there a resignFirstResponder that you could call on the text field?
That doesn't work, either. I was trying to force it bottom-up (I thought that the next responder would automatically be made first), but it seems to want to be driven from the top, at the window level.

John
--
John Brownie
Kouvola, Finland