validateUserInterfaceItem not called

John Brownie

I implemented a new feature that brings up an NSTextField for entering data. Once it's done, I call removeFromSuperview() and it goes away as expected. But then validateUserInterfaceItem is no longer called for the view controller (a tab view item in another ViewController, all in a storyboard). I've tried calling becomeFirstResponder() on the view that was behind the NSTextField, but that doesn't help.

What am I missing? Does something else need to be called to get the view controller to validate its menus?

John
--
John Brownie
Kouvola, Finland