Re: Custom UTIs based on com.apple.package don't always work

Quincey Morris

On Mar 13, 2019, at 21:17 , Steve Mills via Groups.Io <sjmills@...> wrote:

<key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleTypeExtensions</key>
<array>
<string>livery</string>
</array>
<key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
<string>Livery</string>
<key>CFBundleTypeRole</key>
<string>Editor</string>
<key>LSItemContentTypes</key>
<array>
<string>$(PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER).livery</string>
</array>
<key>LSTypeIsPackage</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>
</array>

Well, this is kind of wrong. CFBundleTypeExtensions and LSTypeIsPackage should not be specified in the document type when you’re using an exported UTI. I don’t really recall their presence actively messing things up, but I suggest you get rid of them. AFAICT, the most complete and accurate documentation is this:

and you have to read Table 2 carefully to see what doesn’t apply any more (i.e. since 10.5!).

When I sync and run it on mac 10.14 Mac …

What does “sync” mean in this context? Is Xcode running on the 10.14 Mac, or is it running on a 10.13 Mac? Are you doing some kind of command line copy to move the bundle between Macs?