Re: Care to opine on a stack trace

Sandor Szatmari

Jens,

On Mar 13, 2019, at 13:57, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

On Mar 13, 2019, at 8:16 AM, Sandor Szatmari <admin.szatmari.net@gmail.com> wrote:

I have an app where I see this crash periodically. Does this look to you like the stream is being destroyed before the run loop releases it? Basically an overrelease?
Not exactly. In frame 4 the NSInputStream has been messaged successfully, which almost never happens if it’s already dealloced; you almost always get a crash in objc_msgsend in that case.
Thanks for pointing out this out. That makes sense since presumably in the frames above we are in calls resulting from the stream removing itself which would be hard to explain if it were dealloc’d. Is this the right conclusion?

Instead it looks like something’s wrong with a dictionary managed by the stream. I don’t know exactly what.
Thanks for pointing me in a direction.

What’s the offending memory address in the crash? If it’s zero, that could be a clue.
I’m not experienced with putting these pieces together… can this be determined from the crash report? Or, do I need to determine this when a crash actually occurs?

Can you run the app with NSZombie enabled until the crash reoccurs?
I can and will…

Thanks,
Sandor

—Jens