Re: WindowController

Jon Gotow

On Jul 17, 2017, at 4:06 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <g@mdenkmann.de> wrote:

Indeed it was not. After connecting it as it should have been, now all works perfectly as expected.
Thanks a lot for this brilliant idea!
Glad that fixed it!

This brings up another question:
I seem to remember that once Xcode allowed me to create a window + window-controller together (with all connections nicely set).
Today I could not found this (Xcode 8.3.3).
Can this be done; if yes: then how?
When you create a new source file for a class that's derived from NSWindowController, Xcode will offer to make the class files as well as a XIB file (all wired up) for you. Unfortunately, there's no way to get it to do this after you've created the class - it's a 'creating-a-new-class' workflow and that's it.

- Jon