Re: Segue

Dave

On 21 Sep 2018, at 08:27, Quincey Morris <quinceymorris@...> wrote:

On Sep 20, 2018, at 22:50 , Gerriet M. Denkmann <g@...> wrote:

This is probably self-evident (and probably also well documented),

It is self-evident after you read the documentation, but it takes about a day to read the documentation …

but it took me more than a day to figure this out.

… and if you’d spent the day reading the documentation, it wouldn’t have taken a day to figure out. ;)

A day is a day, so no gain either way and that assumes that the documentation is accurate (which it may be in this case but in so many other cases its not or at least ambiguous).

TBH, it’s a bit frightening how abstruse the controller interactions have become on iOS over the years. If you study the master-detail app template in Xcode, you’ll see that it gives the iPad *both* a split view controller *and* a navigation controller, and it switches between the two dynamically, depending on how the split view interacts with a compact dimension.

I’ve been looking over the pro and cons of using storyboards and for the life of me I can’t see what is gained by using them? I thought it would make development quicker but actually I don’t think that do you save time using a Storyboard. IMO, using old old fashioned NIB and code is the same or quicker than using a NIB that the while thing is so much more maintainable and reliable. Unless I’m missing something……

Cheers