Re: Mail Icon for iOS

Steve Mills

On Sep 28, 2018, at 00:39:24, Gerriet M. Denkmann <g@mdenkmann.de> wrote:

Well, I was thinking of the AppIcon of Mail.app. On macOS I could do:
[NSRunningApplication runningApplicationsWithBundleIdentifier: “com.apple.main”].firstObject.icon

But there seems to be no RunningApplication on iOS.

And even if: Apple might not appreciate my usage of their Mail icon.
Probably not worth the trouble.
I would think that would be a fair use - click this to send an email with Mail.app. No different than how tons of apps show icons of other apps for launching or doing actions with them. Is there no icon service sort of thing on iOS for looking up an icon by UTI, where something like com.apple.mail might be the UTI to request?

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek