Re: More Layout Questions

Quincey Morris

On Sep 21, 2018, at 08:07 , Dave <dave@...> wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean, my storyboard file has Auto Layout DISABLED and there are no constraints anywhere in the project. Also, all the old-type layout options are off in the Size Panel in IB.

I mean that if you have disabled auto-layout, then you shouldn’t be trying to use auto-layout. Implementing the “layout” method comes under the heading of “trying to use auto-layout”, as the documentation says.

It may be possible that “layout” gets called anyway (it would have no effect unless you overrode it to do something), but the behavior isn’t documented in that case. You can’t rely on it to behave in any meaningful way.