Re: Show splash screen before finished launching?

James Walker

On Sep 6, 2018, at 1:39 PM, Jon Gotow <gotow@stclairsoft.com> wrote:

Try putting this after your orderFront call:

[[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] runUntilDate:[NSDate dateWithTimeIntervalSinceNow:0.01]];

The runloop basically has to do at least one iteration before the new window will actually be mapped to the screen.

Tried that, no change.

- Jon

On Sep 6, 2018, at 12:17 PM, James Walker <list2@jwwalker.com> wrote:

I’m trying to show a splash screen in applicationWillFInishLaunching:, but it doesn’t actually appear until applicationDidFinishLaunching: seconds later. I’ve done all I can think of to make it show up:

[NSApp activateIgnoringOtherApps: YES];
[splashWindow orderFrontRegardless];
[splashWindow display];

Is there anything else I can do to make the window draw?