Re: Getting Started with Animations

Dave

Thanks a lot Jens. I’ll download it now and take a look.

On 13 Jul 2017, at 15:13, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I’m about to add some animations to my game and was wondering if any could give me some advice on the implementation given my App. This is for iOS Landscape only at present but I am intending on doing a Mac version too, so if it can be made as compatible as possible that would be good.

The App is a Board Game, there are two main views, the left had side is a Player Area and the right hand side is the Board. The View Hierarchy is something like this:

RootView
LeftAreaView
BoardView
CellView’s (81 in total - 9 x 9).
RightAreaView
BagView
ScrollView Containing the Host layer’s current Pieces
Scroll View Containing the Player has the current turn.

The way the game works is that Players pick pieces at Random from the Bag - the Actually “Picking” is done by the GameEngine and the View Controller gets sent a “Player X picked Piece Y” type message. When this occurs I want to Animate the piece Dropping from the “Bag” into the Players “Stash” (One of the Scroll Views). When a player makes a Move, the View Controller gets sent “Player X Moved Piece Y into Cell X” type message, in this case I want to animate the Piece being removed from the “Stash” and Placed on the board.

What is the best way to achieve this? Do I use CALayer?