Re: Tootips in NSTextView/NSTextfields

Sak Wathanasin

On 04 Jan 2018, at 18:00, Andy Lee <aglee@...> wrote:

I did find a problem: the tooltip doesn't seem to work the first time I position the cursor, only on subsequent attempts.

For testing purposes I found it helped to add .cursor:NSCursor.pointingHand to the attribute dictionary.  That cursor's hot spot is the tip of the finger, so to me it feels easier to position the cursor in a way that triggers the tooltip.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - I had just about resigned myself to having to subclass NSTextView and tracking the mouse etc. The issue with its not showing the tooltip the first time is a bit weird; maybe it has something to do with first responders - I'll play around with it.

Thanks again,
Sak