Re: How to Install Mac OS X 10.11.6

Dave

Hi All,

Its installing now.

On the machine I’m trying to update, the purchases section said “Install” for El Capitan, but if I tried this it gave an error saying the update couldn’t be verified. On another machine that had had El Cap already installed, it said “Download”.

Anyway its installing now so hopefully all is well!

Thanks a lot to everyone that helped.

On 23 Nov 2017, at 18:30, Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@...> wrote:

Alex, that won’t work. They only will upgrade within a major version. 10.11.6 combo will only upgrade 10.11 versions, not 10.10.

The 10.11.6 installer actually is on the app store. There is some method to get to it through the mac OS upgrade selection.
I’ve done it, but don’t remember how. At this point my purchase history includes installers for versions on macOS and OS X going back a ways.
I just pulled the latest 10.11 last evening, which is why I know for sure it is still available.

- Jack

On Nov 23, 2017, at 10:27 AM, Alex Zavatone <zav@...> wrote:

Search the Apple support website for 10.11.6 combo upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 23, 2017, at 12:26 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I’m trying to update an old Mac Pro Early 2008 from 10.10.5 to 10.11.6, does anyone know how to do this?

I can’t find it on the App Store and can’t find a separate .dmg file to download…..

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.