Re: [XCode] Developer ID code signing - still exists?

Alex Zavatone

On Oct 12, 2017, at 10:16 AM, Alex Zavatone <zav@...> wrote:

On Oct 11, 2017, at 8:51 PM, Graham Cox <graham@...> wrote:

Yep, I since discovered the same thing. The account owner (not me) was able to create Developer ID certs, but there’s still a problem - because she requested the cert (using Keychain Access), when I download the cert, there’s no associated private key, so signing still fails, but now with a slightly different error message.
The same person who requests the key is the one that needs to download and install it. You need to be an admin on the dev site, or whomever is needs to request it, download and install it and then export the p12 file and send it to you.

There is a very good commercial book on this that has a chapter that explains this in depth.
Here’s the book, Graham. I strongly recommend that you get it and read chapter 2. Lots of what you want to do for Mac OS is the same as it is for iOS.

https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/essential-ios-build/9781449314781/ch01.html

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022282.do

GL.

- Alex Zavatone