Re: [XCode] Developer ID code signing - still exists?

Quincey Morris

That is by design, because the ability to download the private key is a pretty big security hole. The account owner can go to her login keychain and export the certificate and keys as a .p12 file which you can import into your keychain.

Alternatively, she can export her developer profile from Xcode itself and you can import it. However, I avoid this because it’s not clear whether this will transfer other information which you don’t want overriding your current Xcode setup, or shouldn’t have.

On Oct 11, 2017, at 18:51 , Graham Cox <graham@...> wrote:

I download the cert, there’s no associated private key, so signing still fails, but now with a slightly different error message.