Re: a mouse event problem on macOS

Quincey Morris

On Sep 19, 2017, at 17:54 , James Walker <list2@...> wrote:

I suppose it has something to do with the fact that my original mouseDown was not in the view in my overlay.

I would assume that mouseDragged and mouseUp are sent to the NSResponder object that handled the mouseDown, but I couldn’t find anything documenting that. The other potential problem is that some views that respond to mouseDown don’t use a mouseDragged override, but handle events in a local modal event loop.

Are you trying to consume the mouseDragged events or monitor them? If you’re trying to monitor them, you can install a local event monitor via a NSEvent class method.