a mouse event problem on macOS

James Walker

In response to a mouse-down event, I want to display an overlay window and have a view in that window process mouseDragged messages.  However, it does not get any mouseDragged messages, however much I wiggle the mouse.   If I let the mouse button up and click again, I can then get a mouseDragged, but that's not the user interface I'm going for.  I suppose it has something to do with the fact that my original mouseDown was not in the view in my overlay.  I tried making a fake NSLeftMouseDown event and calling -[NSApplication sendEvent:], but that didn't help.  Any ideas?