Re: How to Register (and build) a Mac App on Apple Developer and iTunes Connect

João Colaço

These files with extended attributes are copied from your project files to your app bundle.

I suggest you using xattr -cr <path_to_app_bundle> in your project folder. This will clean all the extended attributes from the files you are using, so they will not bring them to your App bundle when copied.

On 28 Aug 2017, 17:21 +0100, Jonathan Prescott <jprescott12@...>, wrote:
The App Bundle is the application you are building with Xcode.  Some of the non-code files that you are including in your application like image files, artwork, help files, etc., have extended Finder info bits set, which code signing does not like.

Jonathan

On Aug 28, 2017, at 11:53 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I’m not sure what is meany by the “App Bundle” ?

I have an XCode project with a bunch of source files and resources, not sure if this is the “App Bundle”?

On 28 Aug 2017, at 16:58, João Colaço <joaocolaco@...> wrote:

Hi

Try
xattr -cr <path_to_app_bundle>
to remove the extended attributes that are triggering those errors.
Read more at https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1940/_index.html

Cheers
João Colaço

On 28 Aug 2017, 15:46 +0100, Dave <dave@...>, wrote:
Hi All,

I’m try to build my application for Mac. It compels ok, but I get this Code Sign Error. I

Code Sign Error Group
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

CodeSign /Users/surfacedetail/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SudokuSolverForMac-enipqybjgmjkafbtrpztyszququm/Build/Products/Debug/SudokuSolverForMac.app
cd /Documents/Development/Projects/LTW/DuplexityProjects
export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

Signing Identity: "Mac Developer: David Burgun (6P9972FX69)"

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 4400BD4F644B7B607AD13805E11BB1BA7BA6CE87 --timestamp=none /Users/surfacedetail/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SudokuSolverForMac-enipqybjgmjkafbtrpztyszququm/Build/Products/Debug/SudokuSolverForMac.app

/Users/surfacedetail/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SudokuSolverForMac-enipqybjgmjkafbtrpztyszququm/Build/Products/Debug/SudokuSolverForMac.app: resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot