Re: How to Register (and build) a Mac App on Apple Developer and iTunes Connect

Steve Christensen

I have run into this in the past. As I recall, some of the artwork (app icons, images used in the app, etc.) had extended Finder information set.

On Aug 28, 2017, at 7:46 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I’m try to build my application for Mac. It compels ok, but I get this Code Sign Error. I

Code Sign Error Group
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

CodeSign /Users/surfacedetail/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SudokuSolverForMac-enipqybjgmjkafbtrpztyszququm/Build/Products/Debug/SudokuSolverForMac.app
   cd /Documents/Development/Projects/LTW/DuplexityProjects
   export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

Signing Identity:     "Mac Developer: David Burgun (6P9972FX69)"

   /usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 4400BD4F644B7B607AD13805E11BB1BA7BA6CE87 --timestamp=none /Users/surfacedetail/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SudokuSolverForMac-enipqybjgmjkafbtrpztyszququm/Build/Products/Debug/SudokuSolverForMac.app

/Users/surfacedetail/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SudokuSolverForMac-enipqybjgmjkafbtrpztyszququm/Build/Products/Debug/SudokuSolverForMac.app: resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot