Re: APFS & FileSystem attributes

On Aug 15, 2017, at 8:25 AM, 2551phil <2551phil@...> wrote:

I’ve had my head stuck in the sand as far as APFS is concerned (I don’t have the hardware to test it) and only just today suddenly wondered: “hell, it is going to mess up all my FileSystem calls is it?"

It wouldn’t be a valid filesystem if it didn’t support the system calls like stat() that NSFileManager uses to get file attributes.

Now, not every filesystem supports every attribute (you’re not going to get file reference counts on a FAT volume), but since APFS was explicitly designed as the successor to HFS+, I’m pretty certain it supports everything HFS+ does.

—Jens