Re: APFS & FileSystem attributes

2551phil

Breaking stuff isn’t always a red line for Apple, but from your reaction I’ll take it that there’d have been an righteous outcry by now were it the case.

I’ve had my head stuck in the sand as far as APFS is concerned (I don’t have the hardware to test it) and only just today suddenly wondered: “hell, it is going to mess up all my FileSystem calls is it?"

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance.

Best

Phil

On 15 Aug 2017, at 22:02, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

On Aug 15, 2017, at 2:30 AM, 2551phil <2551phil@...> wrote:

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm wondering whether we'll still be able to call NSFileManager api's like attributesOfItem and get back things like NSFileReferenceCount and the like.
Does APFS make any difference to this?
If it did, it would break most apps, so no.

—Jens