Re: "broken pipe", but not when debugging...

Marco S Hyman

On Aug 10, 2017, at 4:12 PM, Graham Cox <graham@...> wrote:

Note: For the standalone executable, I don’t see any of the logged (NSLog) messages. I’m not sure why. One difficulty is that the revised Console app makes it a lot harder to figure out what the hell I’m looking at. system.log contains the SIGPIPE error, but none of the log messages. Where did they go?
Before running your app open the Console app and put the process name of your app in the search bar. The run your app. I believe you'll see your output.

It seems with the new log system is you have to get ready looking for messages before running your app. At least that is the only way I’ve found to see messages. OK when debugging, but useless if trying to find info after the fact.