Re: Changing Folder Name in Xcode

Alex Zavatone

On Aug 8, 2017, at 5:50 AM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <g@...> wrote:

I have a project:

Some Folder
Some.xcodeproj
Old and Bad Name
lots of stuff

I would like to change the folder “Old and Bad Name” to “Nice new name”

I could rename this folder in Finder and then reimport “lots of stuff” into Xcode.
But this is very tedious and error prone.

Or close Xcode, rename in Finder, then edit: Some.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj - but I am afraid of messing with Xcode's private files.

Can Xcode (Version 8.3.3 (8E3004b)) do this for me? Some sort of refactoring?

Gerriet.
On the right side of the project in one of the inspectors, there is a means of specifying the path to the item selected and how it is defined. Relative to Group, Relative to Project, Absolute Path, etc…

You can also duplicate your folder, set up the new name and then select the new path to the item from the inspector.

Does that help?

- Alex Zavatone