Re: folder entitlements EPERM

Jon Gotow

On Jan 25, 2021, at 5:16 PM, Ben Kennedy <ben-groups@zygoat.ca> wrote:

Presumably you could solicit access to the root of the volume once, and thereafter build URLs for the relevant subpaths based on the security-scoped URL returned by the panel.

Per https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/AppSandboxDesignGuide/AppSandboxInDepth/AppSandboxInDepth.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40011183-CH3-SW20 :
I got rejected from the App Store for doing that. However, there are lots of apps in the App Store that prompt for access to the root level of a disk using an Open dialog and get approved, so you may get lucky.

In my case, I didn't bother to fight it, as it was just for a free app (Go64). I released it directly on my website instead.

- Jon