folder entitlements EPERM

Gerriet M. Denkmann

macOS 11.1

There are quite a few folders, which behave absolutely normal using the Finder, but when my App tries to do:
open(folderPath, O_RDONLY)
it gets an EPERM error: "Operation not permitted”.

When my App shows an OpenPanel (with this un-opened folder), and the user clicks ok, then the open() works just fine.

The problem: there might be a lot of these folders, and clicking dozens of OpenPanel becomes tedious rather fast.

So: is there some special entitlement, like: "com.apple.security.folders which usually need user action.read-only” ?

Or any ideas, how to handle this?

Gerriet.