Re: bonjour broken in iOS 14

Gerriet M. Denkmann

On 19 Sep 2020, at 07:51, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

On Sep 18, 2020, at 5:46 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerriet@mdenkmann.de> wrote:

I watched "WWDC 2020 - Support local network privacy in your app” and found out that in iOS 14 the Info.plist needs additional info:
Oh, right! It's the "Access local network" permission. I've seen that pop up.

The Info.plist key must be required only if you build the app against the iOS 14 SDK, right? Otherwise that would break existing apps.
Correct. Older apps (build with some SDK < 14) get the default value for "Privacy - Local Network Usage Description” and do not require "Bonjour services” when run in iOS 14.

Gerriet.