Re: Correcting scrollbar after app state restoration

Steve Mills

On May 14, 2020, at 10:13:15, Glenn L. Austin <glenn@austinsoft.com> wrote:

You need to save and restore the state of the data being shown as well. If you use an IndexSet for your sub-collection, you could use, save and restore that.
Hmm. I'd have to restore the search predicate. That should be doable, but it rubs me the wrong way that a document, when restored, only shows the last subset of items instead of showing everything. Photos doesn't restore the find term and show the find results, it shows everything. Neither does Mail. I'd much rather find a way to kick the scrollbar in the ass and tell it to be correct. It's extremely strange that document restoration remembers and restores a scrollbar's thumb size and scroll position. It should be set based on the scrollview's contents.

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek