Re: Crash in Apple code, not mine - what can I do?

Steve Mills

On Dec 6, 2019, at 13:53:12, Jon Gotow <gotow@stclairsoft.com> wrote:

What's the actual cause of the crash? A segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) or some other memory error could be caused by you corrupting memory, handing NSDocumentController a bad object somehow, or some other application error. My experience with crashes in AppKit is that it's usually something I've done prior to the crash that has scrambled memory or corrupted an object.
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00006db9f91b0e58
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [16005]

Is the problem reproducible so you can chase down possibilities?
Not on my machine. For the customer, he's been able to create and save docs before. But then they all start crashing at some point during save. The document uses CoreData, so much of it is a mystery. I'll see if he can use Console to maybe look for anything that CoreData might be puking out prior to the crash.

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek