Re: Puzzle with Hardened Runtime entitlement

Sak Wathanasin

On 4 Nov 2019, at 04:19, Leo <leo.r@...> wrote:

-As far as I understand, provisional profiles are not required for Mac apps at all

Yup; in our manually-signed app, we just set it to "none" from the pop-up

-From my experience, for non-MAS apps, I recommend to deselect "Automatically manage signing" and do it manually with a script (I use an AppleScript droplet).

Completely agree - we use a python script, but whatever works for you

May I also advise to submit a bug to Apple (unless you already did of course). The time - and resources - we waste because of

I've spent days, if not weeks to get our CI build to work with notarization.

this poorly designed pseudo-security mumbo-jumbo is absolutely astonishing. That's only my view, of course.

That and the dozen or so pop-ups asking for permission that appear as soon as our app launches - all it does is condition the user to press "Allow".

Regards
Sak