Devmate: what are people using when it disappears?

Graham Cox

Is anyone out there using Devmate as a means of handling licensing in their Mac apps?

If so, you’ll know it’s deprecated as of December, and so far Fastspring, who bought out Devmate, appear not to have any real alternative.

So if this is you, what are you planning to do about it? I’d like to get some sort of discussion going so that the various alternatives are laid out and a clear forward path becomes more obvious. At the moment I’m totally unclear what to do. Fastspring say “contact us” if we are affected by this, but having done so, they never reply. Very poor.