Re: Sheet takes seconds to update

Steve Mills

It must have something to do with NSTextFields (or any view in general) whose value uses bindings. The text fields and the progress bar in this sheet all use bindings to set their values. If I add a test field that does NOT use bindings, and a button to set that field's value to a new value every time, I can sit here and click that button every second, and the test field's value will update as expected, but each time I click, it seems to cause the 5-second delay to restart, so it always takes around 5 seconds from the last click of the test button until the regular fields and progress bar to update to their final value.

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek