Re: Sheet takes seconds to update

Jon Gotow

Has control returned to your main event loop, or are you still doing some kind of processing during the delay time? When you change the button name, etc, is that all being done from the main thread and not from a background thread?

- Jon

On Jul 10, 2019, at 11:31 AM, Steve Mills via Groups.Io <sjmills@...> wrote:

I'm putting up a sheet from a nib to display progress while I process things. When processing is done, I change the button name and ensure the progress bar is set to max. At that point, one of the labels should be showing something like "1 of 1", but it's still stuck at "0 of 1", EVEN THOUGH I know for a fact that its stringValue has already been set to "1 of 1". If I set a breakpoint on the label's drawRect, it can take 1 to 5 seconds before drawRect will be called for the final time.

WTH's going on?