From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...>
Date: Friday, October 20, 2017 at 7:05 PM
To: "ASUL (AppleScript)" <applescript-users@...>
Subject: Re: What is "system events" ?

Ok, I had the idea that it was mostly UI scripting, but sometimes it would do something else. Indeed, the dictionary covers a huge lot of totally unrelated areas of specialization.

So I guess I just need to remind myself that "System Events" is a misnomer and call that "Headless Applications Bundle", which is much less sexy, but more indicative of what the thing really does.

Thank you again all who have replied.

Jean-Christophe