Re: What is "system events" ?

Robert Poland

If my receiving duplicate messages is my fault, How do I avoid them?

Also how do we eliminate duplicate and triplicate footers?

On Oct 20, 2017, at 3:20 PM, 2551phil <2551phil@...> wrote:

You’re confusing crossposting with cross-subscribing. In both lists, his posts were on topic. The fact that you got duplicates is your problem.

On 21 Oct 2017, at 04:18, Steve Mills <sjmills@...> wrote:

On Oct 20, 2017, at 02:11 PM, 2551phil <2551phil@...> wrote:

On 21 Oct 2017, at 01:24, Steve Mills <sjmills@...> wrote:
crosspost

You’re twisting the concept. Anyone on an AppleScript mailing list should expect to get posts about AppleScript. Being on more than one list of the same subject and getting duplicates of the same message isn’t “crossposting”.

Crossposting means sending the same message to several diverse groups. Hence “cross”…both in terms of crossing subject-specific content and in terms of audience reaction…

If you object to getting messages about AppleScript in an AppleScript list you’re subscribed to, either complain that the message is off-topic or, if you get no joy, unsubscribe from a list that doesn’t cover your interests.

You are wrong. He DID crosspost to both lists from the same original message. He sent one message to both groups. That's crossposting. Two completely different lists run by two completely different entities. That's crossposting. I'm replying to all to show you how annoying it is. I only replied to one because *I* didn't want my reply to be crossposted. But now I'm crossposting to illustrate how annoying it is.

Sent from iCloud's ridiculous UI, so, sorry about the formatting

This email sent to 2551phil@...

Robert Poland
Fort Collins, CO