Re: What is "system events" ?

2551phil

On 20 Oct 2017, at 22:50, 2551phil <2551phil@...> wrote:

 it’s whole purpose is to be accessed through Applescript

Before I get spanked for that, I should say “through any OSA-compliant language" (but the only one worth knowing is, of course, AS).

It’s oft-mentioned around here, but haven’t seen it mentioned for a while, but if you’re looking to really understand the innards of AppleScript, you need to start (and for most questions you’ll end) here:

Don’t be put of by the date. Most of what it contains is still relevant, and more importantly is the only source you’ll find for quite a lot of essential info.

I’ve read it at least 3 times, and I probably need to re-read it again. Too much juicy stuff to be taken in with only a couple of readings.

Best

Phil
@sqwarq