Re: TextEdit won't open a plain text file after writing to it with write cmd

Ilya Shebalin

I'm not sure I can interpret your response correctly. The second script is a tad modified version of the 1st one. On the very 1st run it creates a new text doc, on every consecutive one it offers 2 options: dismiss writing or write another text by appending it to the target file. I just ran it successfully in that it creates a file and if it's updated with writing new text it allows me to open it in TextEditor. The 1st script works too except TextEdit won't open the file. To run the second script on different file all you have to do is to change the Name variable assigning to it another word as a name.
16.06.2018, в 9:51, Shane Stanley написал(а):

On 16 Jun 2018, at 3:40 pm, Ilya Shebalin <iljashebalin2@gmail.com> wrote:

Here's my script (copy pasted as plain text) and another following that one.
I'm no longer sure what your question is. Neither use the suggested code. And the second one is problematic if the file already exists and is longer than the text you're writing.

--
Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>
<www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>, <latenightsw.com>