Re: Working with XML...

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...>

Thank you Shane,

I guess I'll have to try AppleScriptObjC then... Which means diving into your book...
Ok, I'm off the lists, I'll come back when I have questions!

Jean-Christophe

On Dec 18, 2017, at 14:13, Shane Stanley <sstanley@...> wrote:

On 18 Dec 2017, at 4:05 pm, Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...> wrote:

Somebody is going to tell me that the XML suite in System Events doesn't work and I'd better use [asobjc|satimage's xmllib|something else] but before I move forward with other tools I'd like to confirm the above issue...

I've never had it not work, so much as become unbearably slow with anything other than small files.

So yes, you'll need to use something else. Last I played with XMLLib.osax -- and it was only a play -- it's CFRef type didn't play well in scripts using AppleScriptObjC.

And yes, it's easy enough, relatively, to do in AppleScriptObjC.

--
Shane Stanley <sstanley@...>
<www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>, <latenightsw.com>

Jean-Christophe Helary