Re: Asking for Advice on distribution, please?

2551phil

On 22 Aug 2017, at 06:51, Brian Christmas <ozsanta@...> wrote:

do you know if FastSpring offers free trials, and leases by the month?

I think you’ve got the wrong idea about what they do. They don’t lease anything. They act as a payment broker for your app. They can set up a page on their website that looks like your website, so that when customers click a ‘Buy’ button on your web page, it takes them seamlessly to the payment page on FastSpring's site. Unless customers actually notice the url in the header, they won’t even be aware that they’re not on your website any longer.

The page customers get taken to has all the order details fields and can take all the various payment methods (visa, mastercard, paypal, even PO and cheque) that customers might want to use. The vendor sorts out all the taxes for your sales, then pays you on a fortnightly or monthly basis - minus their commission, of course (as I say < 10%).

If you want to understand the process more clearly, have a wander around their website:

FastSpring are not the only e-Commerce vendor around nor even the most modern or slick in terms of interface and APIs, but I’ve been using them for a couple of years and they’re both very reliable and have extremely good customer service.

Jens, thank you for pointing out that Interarchy does not need external ftp support. My heart sank when I read Phils comment.

Sorry, I missed the Interarchy bit. I just saw mention of ftp and remembered that I’d seen that the ftp command line tool had been removed in 10.13.

Best

Phil
@sqwarq