Working with XML...

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...>

It looks like System Events has problems with big XML files...

When I try

tell application "System Events"
return XML elements of contents of XML file XMLfile
end tell

of a small xml file, I get all the info I need. When I do that on a big file (125mb here), which is otherwise a valid XML document, I get this:

"System Events got an error: Some data was the wrong type." which highlights "XML elements" in SD and suggests that it is expecting an item instead...

Somebody is going to tell me that the XML suite in System Events doesn't work and I'd better use [asobjc|satimage's xmllib|something else] but before I move forward with other tools I'd like to confirm the above issue...

Thank you in advance.

Jean-Christophe Helary
@brandelune http://mac4translators.blogspot.com