Re: How to script the launching of a script at a specific time...

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...>

I just wrote an article on that issue. Thank you all for your help.
(any comments are welcome)

https://mac4translators.blogspot.jp/2017/12/automation-scheduling-file-and.html

On Dec 2, 2017, at 12:19, Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...> wrote:

Ok, so the only way to actually launch a script at a given date/time is to use launchd I guess ?

On Dec 2, 2017, at 12:13, Shane Stanley <sstanley@...> wrote:

What I want to do is to script the creation of that event, and for that I need to specify the filepath property of the "open file alert" but *that* doesn't work.

As noted elsewhere, you can't do that since macOS 10.9. The filepath property is a vestige of bygone carefree days.

Jean-Christophe Helary
@brandelune http://mac4translators.blogspot.com